Position Type: Full Time (some overtime/wkends)
Travel Required: Mostly GTA
Applications Accepted Via:
In subject line of email, indicate the position applied for.
To contribute significantly to our technical pre-sales and delivery process. This individual will participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure storage provisioning, system management, efficiency, and maintenance that are consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Be seen as technical trusted advisor to customers for Linux, Open Source and related technologies.
- Work closely with the sales team members to promote and present open source strategies, and assist the sales team members with developing sales strategies for these solutions.
- Participate in or lead projects, working closely with various IT functions and vendors to meet timelines and goals.
- Provide technical leadership, direction and guidance in conjunction with business and customer requirements.
- Provide delivery and support for infrastructure solutions from initiation through to completion including operational documentation, quality assurance and ticket or bug management.
- Use and evaluate the most advanced enterprise-grade tools, technology, and product design solutions.
- Design and advocate solutions using cloud technologies, design principles, integration points, and automation methods.
- Define and promote the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps processes to improve the cloud life cycle, including infrastructure and application uptime, availability, and time-to-market.
- Mentor and share knowledge with clients and colleagues.
- Be required to attain and achieve and maintain technical certifications with our major vendors.
- Strong experience implementing software and/or solutions in the enterprise Linux or Unix environment.
- Technical College Certificate, University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the field of Systems Architecture & Design, Infrastructure Integration and/or System Administration.
- Completion of vendor technology courses relevant to the position.
Proficiency in a minimum of two of the following areas (Red Hat/Linux, Cisco, IBM):
Red Hat / Linux:
- Subject Matter Expert on Open Source technologies and community development projects.
- Several years of experience with Linux, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or a derivative.
- Experience with Linux operating system architecture, design concepts and implementation.
- Deep understanding Linux, including networking, boot issues, partitioning, monitoring, root cause investigation, installation and remote updates.
- Experience with consolidation and migration using Open Source virtualization (KVM), and container technologies (Docker).
- Experience in implementing and integrating Red Hat Open Hybrid Cloud solutions including Red Hat OpenStack, Red Hat OpenShift, and/or Red Hat CloudForms.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer (RHCSE), and/or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) in Datacenter, Cloud, and/or Application Platform certification desired.
- Demonstrated expertise designing, architecting, implementing and maintaining Cisco UCS platforms, including Fabric Interconnects, Fabric Extenders, Blade Chassis, and UCS Servers.
- Experience configuring and building Blades / profiles.
- UCS Operational Validation & Troubleshooting.
- Experience working with Nexus in a multi-network, multi-protocol Enterprise environment.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching, Cisco Unified Computing Design Specialist (DCUCD), and/or Cisco Unified Computing Implementation Specialist (DCUCI) certification desired.
- Data Center Design, Architecture and implementation experience with IBM Power Systems
- Experience with system partitioning utilizing IBM virtual technologies such as PowerVM, PowerKVM, HMC, VIOS, LPARs.
- IBM FlashSystem, Storage, CAPI, Turbo LAMP,
- Optimization and Tuning on IBM Power Systems
- IBM Power Systems Scale-out / Enterprise certification, and IBM Power Systems Certified Technical Sales Specialist certification desired.
General Technical Knowledge
- Experience with the design and operation of cloud and traditional datacenter infrastructures.
- Experience implementing enterprise infrastructure and cloud solutions including data storage, networking, monitoring, and security.
- Strong knowledge and experience with industry standard applications and protocols including but not limited to: FC, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, DNS, NIS, DHCP, LDAP, ICMP, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, and SSL.
- Proficiency with scripting tools such as bash shell scripts, Python, Ruby and/or Perl.
- Passion for open source, software, tooling, and automation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Demonstrated experience and a solid understanding of Professional Services Consulting including professional conduct with clients.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Organized clear and thorough communication and documentation skills, both verbal and written, as well as good presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to self-study and quickly learn and put new ideas into practice.
Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Thorough understanding of networking, and experience with infrastructure design best practices.
- Architecting, designing and deploying Apache Big Data Hadoop environments.
- Strong experience with virtualization – specifically leveraging VMware ESXi.