Position Type: Full Time (some overtime/wkends)
Travel Required: Mostly GTA
Applications Accepted Via
In subject line of email, indicate the position applied for.
To contribute significantly to our technical pre-sales and delivery process. This individual will participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure storage provisioning, system management, efficiency, and maintenance that are consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Be seen as technical trusted advisor to customers for storage and server related technologies.
- Participate in or lead projects, working closely with various IT functions and vendors.
- Provide technical leadership, direction and guidance in conjunction with business and customer requirements.
- Provide delivery and support for infrastructure solutions from initiation through to completion including operational documentation.
- Use and evaluate the most advanced tools, technology, and product design solutions that support enterprise-wide server applications.
- Be required to attain and maintain technical certifications with our major vendors.
- Technical College Certificate, University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Completion of vendor technology courses relevant to the position.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the field of Systems Integration and/or System Administration.
- Proficiency in a minimum of two of the following areas (VMware, NetApp, Symantec)
- Design, deploy and maintain virtual infrastructure solutions based on VMware technology.
- Subject Matter Expert on VMware Virtual Infrastructure including architecture, deployment, DR, backup and HA.
- Demonstrated experience in virtualization and consolidation of server technologies, specifically VMware ESX and vSphere Virtual Infrastructure.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification desired.
- Extensive knowledge of NetApp hardware and software solutions.
- Prior consulting experience including providing strategic and tactical planning for NetApp specialty solutions.
- NetApp or IBM N Series controller architecture, installation, configuration.
- NetApp or IBM N Series Data ONTAP upgrade planning and implementation.
- Backup integration with NetApp solutions.
- NetApp or IBM N Series Storage connectivity to Windows and VMware ESX servers.
- NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) certification desired.
- In depth knowledge of Symantec High Availability and Volume Management Solutions, including Storage Foundation, Cluster Server, Volume Replicator and Operations Manager.
- Ability to map customer’s requirements to Symantec solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge in storage and data protection technologies.
- Experience with HW, SW and appliance based solutions from Symantec.
- Symantec Technical Specialist (STS) accreditation desired.
General Technical Knowledge
- UNIX Operating Systems including Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server and Solaris.
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Technology Solutions.
- Protocols such as, but not limited to, DNS, NIS, DHCP, ICMP, SMTP, QoS, HTTP, TCP/IP, FTP, LDAP, NTP, SSH, FC, iSCSI, NAS.
- Shell and/or Perl Scripting
- Major x86 server vendors including, HP, SUN (Oracle), Fujitsu and IBM
- Major storage vendors including HDS, NetApp, HP and IBM
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Experience a solid understanding of Professional Services Consulting including professional conduct with clients.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Experience with the following would be considered an asset
- Volume Management Technologies including Linux LVM, and Solaris ZFS.
- Server Clustering Technologies including, Symantec VCS and MSCS
- Virtualization Technologies, including VMware, Citrix, HDS.
- Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Information Life-Cycle Management, Backup and Recovery, Data Protection, Archival and Content Management.
- Tape libraries systems as well as VTL products.
- Understanding of networking principles and deployment.
- Brocade and Cisco SAN and Networking solutions.
- Microsoft MCSA, MCITP, MCSE, MCTS certification.